Friday 23 January 2015

Daily Confessions

Welcome!

This is another facet of our Oases, one that I'm hoping would remain with us for a long while.

Like the page title goes, this is an arena for daily confessions.

I'll share my success story in this regard, but before I do, permit me to bring to your hallowed attention that this is not a religious thing per se. In my opinion, it has it's roots more in spirituality and is a platform where you're able to renew your mind and recreate your world via your words.

I believe so much in the efficacy of the tongue, the mind and positive, personal confessions.

Just yesterday, I woke on a very bad side of my bed. I had awful dreams and it felt like even before I stood up from the bed, I was doomed to a very bad day!

But I knew better, so I began to confess positive words, I began to say words in these lines;
It matters not what has been done against me and against my day. What matters is what Jesus has done for me and my days. It matters not, the amount of elements that have been programmed to work against me today; it matters not the powers that be against me; what matters is that the power above them all is for me, and as such I decree and I declare that today is good, today is lovely, the elements work in my favour, I am blessed! Those connected to me are too!
Now, you'd think that those words I said fixed everything right?
No, not right away, I still had this nagging feeling sitting there in my mind, I wasn't at peace!
So I began to call on the life giving spirit within me for help, I knew I just needed the right words to make that stormy, naggy feeling in my mind go away, yes, I cherish my inner peace like that.

And then, the moment comes.
Sitting right there at the edge of my bed, the words formed in my mind and I spoke them out.
I honestly can't remember exactly what I said, but I spoke with so much authority and I choose to believe those were inspired words.

I felt peace, I just knew I was ready to begin my day.

And yes, yesterday was one of the best days of my life since the year began, in all ramifications I mean --- in all ramifications. (that's the much I can divulge for now).

I have to make it clear though that this is not a magic wand of sorts, this is not a "fix it for all situations" approach.

But I have seen, severally and I still do see and experience the power of positive confessions - repeated positive confessions. No wonder someone quipped that "repetition is the mother of necessity."

^^^ "So Adannaya, what exactly are you proposing?"

Let's make it a habit to come here every day, (more like keeping a journal) especially before we begin our day and DURING our day to drop words, INSPIRED WORDS, words that come from our own deep feelings, from our guts, that which we know to be real and true. We have the advantage of anonymity on here.

^^^ "Errrrr, which one is deep feeling again, is it not emotions?"

No, these feelings I'm talking of go beyond your emotions, okay these guidelines might help you understand better:-


1. Deep feelings come from a spot, a different spot within us that is more than our emotions which are usually fleeting depending on time of day. You know you are speaking or thinking from your deep feelings when there's this weight and solidity to them, one that is different from what you'd ordinarily feel or think.
2. There's this power and authority and engulfing sensation that you experience when you speak, think or write from your deep feelings. 
3. The deep feelings I'm on about here is the kind that makes you see things as bigger than you and would normally overshadow/exceed your personal desires. It makes you wanna see the whole world instead of yourself, bearing witness to our profound interconnectedness.
4. There's a feeling of certainty attached to speaking, writing or thinking from your deep feelings. You just know that by speaking out from your deep feelings, you are empowering reality (a positive one) into being. 

You don't have to be the eloquent and vocabs filled person to do this.
As a matter of fact, you are unique, everyone is, there is something you have to offer this world that even Obama cannot give. You are not here by accident.

Now, it's okay to NOT BELIEVE these in totality about yourself, but that's what this exercise is all about.

Lemmee share another story at this point.
Many of us know me as the MIZMYCOLI whose religion is about Life and Love.
What many of us do not know is that as at when I adopted that mantra, I was full of self pity, I never really loved myself and consequentially, I never expected to be loved by anyone --- yes, I desired love, but in my heart of hearts, I never quite believed it was possible for anyone to love me wholly.

(Shocking! innit?)

Well, look where I am now, see the woman I'm becoming.
I breathe Love, I speak Love, I eat Love.
I enjoy Loving people.
I'm no longer the girl who's skeptical of everything Love and kindness and compassion and goodwill.
I'm living again!

All these started because of that confession (Life and Love is my religion), I internalized it, I made it a part of me, even when it felt like I was lying to myself, even when it clearly seemed an impossible feat, I continued.

What's your story?
Are you are business man, a writer, a worker, an alcoholic, sex addict, masochist, whoever?
What are those changes you've been looking forward to make in your life?
Me, you, all of us, we can start now.

I do not claim to have apprehended in these matters.
But this is a leap of faith, one that I'm willing to go on with you - in the certainty that his sovereign hand will be our guide.

Are you on board?

5 comments:

  1. Everything I wrote before didn't get published... I had to refresh the page and now it's all gone.


    *deeplyHurt&Crying*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did!

      Here:-

      "in reality it does the key is in the consistency of your Confession, this is not a cliché or some nicely matching rhymes - Consistency of Confession would give you your heart desires as long as these desires are rooted in the word.

      I leave you with one of my own positive Confessions, it may be short and somewhat religiously biased but it sure works.

      "The spirit of God is leading me into my place of rich fulfilment, I enter into the reality and consciousness of my divine purpose on earth"

      I noticed the comment was removed, but it still shows in my mail box.
      That's a rich confession y'know.
      I just repeated it thrice! Ha! It soooo resonates. This is just going to be great!! Abba himself says so.

      You're welcome Tee. Are you a blogger?
      Checked on your profile but couldn't find your addy.

      Delete
  2. Anyways.... Thank you for the post. I agree with everything you've said. I wrote so many things in the post refused to publish, and since they were from my head, I can't put them on here again the way I wrote them before.

    I leave you with my own positive Concession, it may be short and somewhat religiously inclined or biased, but it has been working for me.

    "I enter into the reality and consciousness of God's divine purpose for my life, from the crown of my head to soles of my feet, I'm inundated with the favour of God"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is really awesome to say the least... I'm following that addendum thread like ants on sugar... Thank you for yielding yourself to doing this.... I'm so very sure it will help many people even if they may be too lazy to drop a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee,

    Just in case you want to publish your thoughts again, try and copy your proof-read write-up before you hit publish.

    Reason for the disappearance is when the system is struggling to fetch your logged on ID, it refreshes all inputted items and displays your ID. in such a situation you need to paste your copied post from clipboard.

    I have internalized the addendum guess what, my friends are savouring it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Your Feedback!
I enjoy reading them :)