Thursday 11 December 2014

We've Got It All Wrongly Twisted.

"Love is a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection ("I love my mother") to pleasure ("I loved that meal"). It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment. It can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection—"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another". It may also describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals. Love may be understood as a function to keep human beings together against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species.
^^^ Source: Wikipedia

Beyond the frills and beyond the thrills of "love"......
There's an entirely new layer of life, of love; waiting to be discovered.

Just like I discovered;

It might amaze so many when they find that they've never really loved in their lifetime.

"Love is rare! Love does not exist! Love is Drama! It's Dramatic!"-- I've heard people chant this so many times and being quite  the sucker that I am for love, I get quite incensed at them. Blame me not, by default, I'm an idealist.

However, certain life events have caused me to turn on this light of realism within.
I've become aware of our world as it is, yet -- a huge part of me still believes that we can have the ideal. It all begins in the mind. Some of us are living bits and more bits of the ideal already!

A write up from HuffingtonPost has changed my view of love for ever and ever.
Here's the part that broke the camel's back:- 

Infatuation 
“Being infatuated comes from a completely different place within than being in love. Being infatuated comes from the same place as other addictions -- from the ego-wounded self. The ego-wounded self is needy and empty within, and wants to get filled externally by another through sex, attention and approval. When infatuated, you experience the kind of euphoria that you might experience with a recreational drug. There is an intensity of sexual lust and a sense of urgency to be with the other person. Unless love enters the experience, it is short-lived. You are in your wounded self, feeling needy and empty, when you are rejecting and abandoning yourself -- looking for another to care for you. Your self-rejection/self-abandonment is what creates the inner neediness and emptiness that leads to the urgency -- and sometimes desperation -- of infatuation.”
 ^^^
See what I'm on about?

In relating with people and our environment, some of us have lived our whole lives in an exchange of sorts (tit for tat) and we, somehow, have managed to convince self that we've been loving. Some of us don't even love ourselves as much, how then can we expect to love others as much.

Love is NOT impossible
Love is a decision
Love, indeed is blind (please don't take this part out of context)
Love is what it is......it has no compare.
Love transcends this world.

Lately, I've seen changes in my mode of living. I've seen myself love people (I know what I'm on about here). There's a clear difference. Love doesn't seek to serve self, Love gives, Love isn't egotist, Love, in the eyes of many is foolish, Love strives to make better, Love grieves too (is fully present in the pain of the other), Love is exciting too! Love understands self control.

My beloved friends --- I think of no other way, no other means, to leave this world a fulfilled person; a happy person; an inspiration --- than living a life, laced and filled with Love and Compassion; for husband, for wife; for children, for relatives: for friends, for strangers; for foes --- ultimately, for the world we live in.

So, I made a decision --- it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, what you look like, what you did and undid.
As far as Wisdom leads me; I will love sacrificially, I will love compromisingly, I will love ferociously, I will love "Hell" out of people. I will start with myself.
For I reckon, that I cannot give what I do not have.
^^^
I've chosen this path. You can too.
Wouldn't you rather we walked it together?

What's your take on love? (People think of love as stale, but I believe it's the one thing we may never evolve completely from).

2 comments:

Thanks For Your Feedback!
I enjoy reading them :)