Monday 8 December 2014

Motivation: What's Yours?

My inspiration to write about motivation came from a pal who requested that I write a summary about the life and times of Queen Esther of the good book. I promised to do so after I'd read her story again --- I never quite got around finishing it, but I tried jotting this from what I'd read about her earlier.



Esther was just like us....flesh, blood, afraid, unmotivated (at times).
She had those not too cool characteristics that's commonly inherent in all of us today.

A very important task was before her.
Like us, she had fears too.
Owh, trust me, she was very much afraid.
But, she knew she had it in her --- Yes.

The onus laid on her. She was her clan's "only" hope.
But then she felt incapable, she felt ---"Can I do it?"
She was scared for dear life.

But she stood, she arose.
She looked fear in the eye, and fear looked back at her and she said to fear - "Enough is enough, today, one of us gives way; Me or You!"

Of course we know who won.

She connected to this infinitesimal source within her. She got courage, She came alive. Her strength soared.


In her pursuit, for the freedom and emancipation of her people, she became complacent after a while. Yet, Esther's greatest motivation was selfless --- her greatest motivation was people, her people.


This only enforces one of my best mantras of all time.


"You can never go wrong living a life of compassion."

Perchance, did you know there are sets of people in our world today who look at you as their "only" hope?

Owwwhh, I'm not talking about the finance or material things kind of "only hope"

All of this may sound churchy but trust me, it isn't intentional.

I believe that every human lives for a cause, what's your cause?....are you on your way to discovering it?
Or are you just indifferent on what it might be.

I want this blog post to spur you today, to fire you on, let this be a reminder, a medium, to bring to your attention how much the world needs you.

Oh yes, just like most of us, I've told myself severally, especially when caught in that trap of self-effacement (sic) that no one knows me --- that what difference could I possibly make, I mean, come to think of it, I'm neither the best of speakers nor bloggers, or writers out there!
I can be quite the timid person too!

But if we stop a while and listen to that voice, that thought beneath our bouts of thoughts and self pity parties....we'd realize there's a Mordecai within us --- one who spurs us, who encourages us, who does what is necessary to see us live to our greatest potential. He understands that our glory is his glory, that our failures are his too.
This Mordecai understands what it's like to be us!

I am the world, you are the world, the next guest on this blog is the world.
As you read this, please know that this is a call. A call to oneness of purpose.
A call to be the change that our world is so desperately in need of.

Let this change start from your thoughts --- as the good book quips, "as a man thinketh in his heart --- so is he."

Get rid of those thoughts that describe you as incapable, unworthy, inconsequential, and un-ripe; just get rid of those negative train of thoughts.

Yes dear --- you can. It's in you. It's in all of us. Our source, though manifesting in different manners in every human, is one and the same.

I see you at the top already; Do you see yourself?


Let's talk about your motivation --- what spurs you, how well have you been on track? Do you need any encouragement of sorts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Feedback!
I enjoy reading them :)