Friday 24 April 2015

I'd Rather My State Of Being Remains Joyful Than Happy



JoY is a state of Being

Happiness is a state of emotions.
Yes! There's a difference between joy and happiness. Let's prod further, shall we?

"The difference between shallow happiness and a deep, sustaining joy is sorrow. Happiness lives where sorrow is not. When sorrow arrives, happiness dies. It can't stand pain. Joy, on the other hand, rises from sorrow and therefore can withstand all grief. Joy, by the grace of God, is the transfiguration of suffering into endurance, and of endurance into character, and of character into hope--and the hope that has become our joy does not (as happiness must for those who depend up on it) disappoint us." ~ Walter Wangerin Jr.

Joy is borne out of the supernatural and spiritual...it is deeper, it produces this peace and contentment, despite life's surmounting difficulties. It is largely connected to belief in the divine.
Happiness on the other hand is what we all crave. It is why we wake up every other Monday to begin life's rat race ---> To quench an insatiable need for money and the good things of life.
It is the reason we wear the best make up on our faces, attend gym workouts, shave, trim, massage, and flatter ---> To catch the attention of those with whom we perceive we're "in love" or want attracted to us.
The latter's more superficial.

Some of us prefer something genuine, something that would outlast that seeming ephemeral and rather peripheral emotional sway; That which causes us to smile and look up to the hills from whence cometh our help....

My dear, YOU need Joy!

Next time you look yourself in the mirror, say this out loud to the person you see there...
"Hi there, I know about your struggles lately...I know how much of a sucker you to think you are in certain areas...

Well just so you know; I (insert your name here) am proud of you.

I am proud of your unseeming achievements.

I am proud of your will to live.

I am proud of you because I know you won't give up.

As a matter of fact, I am proud of the person you're becoming.
I am proud of you because I see you for who you really are (Now go ahead and say just one thing you like about yourself, don't stop there, think of something else, don't stop either, a third one's coming.....just continue till you can't think of anything else - How do you feel now)?


If you cannot envision yourself saying the above stated to yourself, then you need either or both of these - a reconfiguration of your mind (Positive Illumination) and LARGE doses of joy.
It's very easy to get, if you believe either directly or indirectly in the divine.

Just say you want joy or you want a refill, believe me, there is a power within you, a dimension in you that'll ensure you bubble with loads and loads of it.
Pursue Joy, Happiness will come looking for you.

Have a nice day friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Feedback!
I enjoy reading them :)